VIFLY GPS-Mate (Exclusive Power Module for GPS With Built-in Lost Drone Alarm) Specs:
Why do we design GPS-mate?
- Most drone pilots have a problem when using the GPS on their drones. GPS modules are slow and get interference. To get a fix, a pilot must wait many minutes for a GPS fix. To do this, everything must be powered, which drains the battery and causes extra interference. It also has the potential risk to cause overheating issues to your quad components. In addition, when you finish a flight cycle and change the quad battery, the GPS needs to get a hot-start fix as the quad battery is disconnected. We want to fix the pain, so we design and produce GPS-mate, the external power module just for GPS.
What can GPS-mate do?
- VIFLY GPS-mate is an external power module just for GPS, there is a switch to turn on and off the unit. With this device, once the pilot wants to fly, he flips the switch and only the GPS gets powered. When the GPS fix is finished, the pilot connects the drone LiPo. The drone LiPo powers the drone, and recharges the GPS battery. The GPS never loses power until the switch is turned off, so the pilot never needs to get another fix for the whole session.
- We also embed VIFLY Finder 2 function into this device, it can work as a standard buzzer that is controlled via your radio when the quad battery is connected, it also can work as a standalone buzzer that helps you find the lost drone when the main battery has been ejected.
- VIFLY GPS Mate – External Power Module for GPS
- For GPS without a compass, just plug in the cable and connect it. For GPS with compass, you need to solder the cable via the PAD on the backside.
- GPS without a compass (Plug)GPS with compass (Solder)